meta name="google-site-verification" content="H36A5LBy2Rec20C26SSx5zzNKa6Vq9hWPwVjc6jifMo" />
Overall Assignment Description:
Expert-level Data Architects serve as a technical resource for strategic oversight and planning of database structural design and development. They provide technical, strategic guidance to senior- level database administrators and application developers in the creation of new databases, as well as the maintenance of major existing databases supporting evolving applications. Data architect positions provide strategic guidance to data stewards on the development and implementation approaches for data models to support organizational business and mission systems and processes.
Duties may include:
• Consults to all levels of the organization on the design, development and implementation approaches for logical database structures and classification schemas.• Develops policies and procedures to build, maintain and leverage the data model.
• Provides technical, strategic guidance on the development of metadata tags, Document Type Definitions (DTD), and schemas using appropriate technologies for representation of data and data relationships.
• Ensures that metadata and data standards and definitions will support both business and mission processes and system implementation approaches, and NSG/ASG requirements for sharing data.
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Engineering Management, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or related equivalent additional experience.• Expert-level experience working in government or industry in relevant work areas including: Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture, Data Architecture, Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), or Intelligence Community’s (IC) Program Architecture Guidance (PAG).• Previous working experience in government or industry in data strategy, models, flow models and standards.• Previous working experience in government or industry in Data Management services (compliance, cataloging, provenance, identifier, registry, metrics, recall & revision)Desired:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Engineering Management, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.• Previous working experience in government or industry with Data access services, APIs, Linked Data (REST, SOAP, OGC, etc.).
• Previous working experience in government or industry in Data Queuing, Messaging, Orchestration, Choreography services.
• Previous working experience in government or industry with Data Security Services (IAA, DPM, DRM, PDP, PEP, PAP, etc.).
• Previous NGA and/or NSG/ASG program/project work experience
• Previous IC or DoD program/project work experience