32799 | Finance & Accounting | Professional | Non-Executive | Allianz Singapore | Full-Time | Permanent
Entity: Allianz SE Singapore Branch
You will be the Manager within the Regional Accounting and Reporting team to support the regional office in local, Group accounting and the OEs in all country specific accounting and reporting requirements.
What you do
• Manage the Accounting activities during monthly closing and support OEs where necessary incl. system uploads into Group reporting system
• Accounting / Reporting & Planning/ Controlling coverage officer for selected OEs
• Review and ensure accuracy of financial reporting for both Life/Health and P/C operating entities (OEs) in the region in line with IFRS standards and Group reporting guidelines;
• Serve as trusted custodian of financial reporting information for the region;
• Regional lead on OEs’ accounting, reporting, financial controls, financial analysis (P/L, B/S, ROE, cost & productivity), balance sheet review, external audit, etc.;
• Provide technical accounting and reporting advice/training to both regional teams and OEs and liaise with Group on IFRS accounting and reporting issues
• Maintain up-to-date regional accounting & reporting processes manual and to continuously improve the processes & controls, applying the latest tools available
• Assit OEs in understanidng and reporting of environemental KPIs and embarking of CSRD project
• Help drive the implementation of new IFRS standards, e.g. IFRS 17, IFRS 9:
• Develop in-depth understanding of financial results, business performance and market trends of OEs;
• To participate in planning and business performances review and to identify key action points to develop and improve business.
• To deliver insightful, actionable and business-oriented analysis and reports to regional teams and to Group;
• Manage process and delivery from off-shore service providers in India on reporting tasks, including resources planning, quality and timeliness of delivery
• Finance KPIs owner to assemble, articulate and communicate to the appropriate audiences to enhance quality and understanding of the outputs;
• Accounting system (SAP) trainer and access control owner
• Contribute to financial planning dialogues in close collaboration with other regional finance teams to ensure annual plans(P/L and B/S) of OEs are sound;
• Actively contribute to building a value-add finance business partnering culture; and
• Lead or participate in reporting and accounting projects assigned from time to time and provide accounting advice in M&A projects
What you bring
• You will be a qualified accountant, with minimum of 5 to 7 years of insurance accounting and reporting experience gained from dynamic insurance businesses in Asia or working in big 4 audit firms.
• Strong technical competencies in IFRS standards.
• Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong stakeholder management ability with ability to influence without authority.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building.
• Strong technical competencies in insurance accounting applications.
• In-depth understanding of financial and business dynamics of retail Life and P/C insurance.
• Meticulous and analytical with ability to relate IFRS standards and financial numbers to business.
• Exposure to IFRS 17 and IFRS 9 implementation highly desirable.
• Experience in SAP applications preferable.
• Knowledge of another Asian language advantageous.
• Asian experience with exposures to a number of regional countries preferable.
• Strong self-drive with desire to progress and excel.
• Strong change management aptitude with proven prior experience.
What we offer
Allianz Group is one of the world’s most trusted insurance and asset management companies. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams, and challenges makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, grow, and shape a better future for our customers and the world around us.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love, or what you believe in.
We, therefore, welcome applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
Join us. Let’s care for tomorrow.