Search Engineer to join WMT Search Center of Excellence team.
This position provides App teams, other COEs and Engineering assistance to Enterprise level search and analytics.
The right candidate has (Responsibilities);
The person would be responsible enabling enterprise level search and analytics solutions in a generic format to be used by the entire department.
He/She would be involved in end to end process from fine tuning the underlying hardware and configuration to writing APIs for consumption by app teams.
He/She should be comfortable with distributed systems and their working and interactions with other systems.
Experience in any enterprise search technology like Apache Solr or Elastic Search is required.
He/She should be Level-3 point of contact for issues in Solr with respect to batches, queries, architecture and design.
Take Ownership of maintenance and future road-map for Enterprise Search and Analytics to help achieve Morgan Stanley its business goals with optimized and cost effective ways.
The role also demands the ability to successfully work with global teams in US and India. Person should have necessary soft skills to manage difficult situations involving technical issues, demanding Clients, escalations and being a team player.
* Review, design and end-to-end onboarding of usecases on Apache Solr/Lucidworks Fusion platform. (Solr / Fusion / Hadoop Ecosystem)
* Code robust, generic and reusable components for Fusion service framework
* Assist existing and new applications to come up with most optimized and suitable solutions for their requirement
* L3 point of contact for issues related to Search platform
* Performance tuning and capacity management
* New technology POC and suitability analysis for Enterprise Search and Analytics
* Process optimization with the help of automation and new utility development
* Work in collaboration with vendors like Lucidworks for any Solr related activity
* Performance review of Solr changes going into PROD to ensure SLA adherence and capacity.
* Plan and execute system upgrade and enhancements
* Expert in distributed indexing and search engine preferably Apache Solr.
* Strong Architecture design skills
* Should have strong hands on experience on performance tuning concepts for distributed environments.
* Familiar with basic distributed systems concepts.
* Good UNIX knowledge.
* Good analytical ability
* Strong collaboration and communication skills
* Must possess strong leadership skills and should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to execute and prioritize tasks, and resolve issues without aid from direct manager or project sponsor.
* Apache Solr (or any equivalent distributed system)
* Shell or python scripting
* JavaGood to have skillsSparkKafkaHadoopScala