Work involves the following:
· Establishes database and system requirements by analyzing and evaluating business operations, applications, and programming.
· Coordinates and gathers data model requirements, and assists with the analysis, design, modification, and maintenance of database structures, models and architectures.
· Supports data analytics and business intelligence systems and coordinates the implementation of database changes to support new and modified applications, ensuring that new designs conform to standards and guidelines.
· Recommends and develops standards, procedures, and guidelines on creating and maintaining data models and governed data, ensuring completeness and quality.
· Reviews changes to logical and physical data modeling, metadata, relational database models, and prepares physical data models from logical data models.
· Supports improved data quality by charting the reduction of data redundancy, fragmentation and elimination of unnecessary movement of data.
· Assists in selecting data management tools and developing the standards, usage guidelines, and procedures for using those tools to ensure the integrity of the database environment.
· Assists in performing root cause analyses related to information issues and non-conformance to published data standards based on review of technical metadata of various source systems.
· Works under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment
|Minimum Requirements: |
Candidates that do not meet or exceed the minimum stated requirements (skills/experience) will be displayed to customers but may not be chosen for this opportunity.
|3||Required||Experience in database administration, data analysis, research or architecture work in Oracle database|
|3||Required||Proven experience with data security, master data management, meta data management and support for creation of data dictionaries, data lineage flows and other documentation|
|3||Required||Identify the architecture, infrastructure, and interfaces to data sources, tools supporting automated data loads, security concerns, analytical models, and data visualization|
|3||Required||Define and govern data modeling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development for enterprise data models|
|3||Required||Experience with identifying and documenting data sources, risks and data controls and ability to translate privacy and information security policies into operational procedures|
|3||Required||Engage with various business groups and technology to research, define and document proper governance and stewardship practices|
|2||Required||Enterprise data warehouse and storage design experience on both on-premise and cloud platforms|
|2||Required||Exposure to data classification, clustering, deduplication methodologies|
|2||Required||Experience in master data management, metadata, reference data, data warehousing, and business intelligence principles and processes, including technical architecture|
|2||Required||Knowledge of enterprise information management processes and methodologies, relational database management systems, and business intelligence/analytics tools, frameworks and infrastructure|
|2||Required||Knowledge of database software and technologies, cloud technologies and engineered systems and enterprise software products, including Microsoft Azure AWS and Oracle|
|2||Required||Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to tailor communication to audiences of all levels of technical knowledge|
|2||Required||Skill in monitoring projects, and establishing measurement and tracking for project tasks|
|2||Required||Ability to analyze, evaluate, and summarize data and information for accuracy and conformance to standards|
|2||Required||Ability to document policies, procedures, and processes|
|2||Required||Ability to exercise sound judgement, critical thinking and analytical skills|
|2||Required||Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization|
|1||Preferred||Knowledge of the Texas Project Delivery Framework|
|1||Preferred||Strong working knowledge of the following DFPS systems/programs (including but not limited to): IMPACT, PACES, ABCS, PEIRS, NEICE, e-Report, e-Travel, General Placement Search and Community Based Care.|