Who provides the know-how to protect data, tools and information systems at Dell Technologies?
It’s the Database Admin team within our Information Technology organization. We develop, design and optimize our information technology and systems functions that support our business processes and technical information systems platforms. Focused on efficiency, performance, availability and platform compatibility, we analyze, select and modify enterprise systems and application software, install network hardware and software and manage our databases – setting system and programming standards along the way.
What you’ll achieve:
As a Database Administrator Advisor, you will be responsible for the maintenance and providing technical consultations and Database Solutions, Database Platform Reliability Services which includes DB Provision and Support. You will work with Application Team, Development Team, and DB Engineering
• Install, configure, upgrade, and manage the database Servers
• Configure and manage database maintenance, including backups, performance tuning, and any additional required maintenance
• Apply database-related patches
• Manage database clusters as well as environments containing Replication Services
• Performs as a technical subject matter expert in the development of highly complex, innovative and cost-effective database solutions
• Designing and handling Disaster recovery/high availability.
• Support day-to-day incidents and change process .
• Solid experience in MemSQL/SingleStore, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo Database Administration in a Big Enterprise organization
• At least 5 to 8+ or more years working as a DBA and handling production critical databases/Servers
• Should be very strong in replication concepts and troubleshooting replication issues within SLA
• Good communication, time management, negotiation and leadership skills
• Masters or Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
• Experience in scripting tools: PowerShell, Perl, Python, Shell, etc
• Experience in Oracle and any other No SQL DB technologies like Mongo or Elastic Search or Cassandra would be an added advantage
• Database Certification would be an added advantage
Work Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST
Location: 100% remote
Duration: 9 months with extension to 12 months based on performance
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or .