Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology staffing firm, is looking for a Sr LAN Engineer who excels in their role and are committed to delivering an exceptional experience for our client’s internal and external end users and clients. We look for individuals who are passionate in life and bring those qualities to work every day. Do you instill confidence, trust, and respect, encourage success and build relationships? We are looking for people like this to join our friendly, engaged, professional team.
Please send your resume to Michelle Pavese at
Position: Sr LAN Engineer
Duration: contract to hire
Address: hybrid remote with 1-2 days/week onsite in Orlando, FL 34747
Responsible for interfacing with customers on site and various internal teams in a virtual environment on a day-to-day basis. This individual must be customer focused and be able to thrive in a dynamic environment. He or she will report to the Director and must deliver expert engineering knowledge, experience, and accountability to the team.
• Review DRD (Design Requirements Documents)
• Bug review and Lab test for new code for Cisco platforms.
• Lab testing for new hardware
• Lab testing for new software/firmware code levels and designs
• Work with Architecture teams to review various configuration standards
• Confirming every project request, complies to current operational requirements, MSBs, standards, design guides
• Review MSB, configuration standards and tech bulletins for various security platforms
• Manage all Cisco Hardware and Software related documentation
• Support project teams for all technical, design and configuration related issues
• Support Operations teams and ACC teams
• Assist Audit teams in their duties as SME Liaison
• Provide WBS (Work Breakdown Sheet) to Project Management Team
• Provide Design Recommendations and verify solutions.
• Recommend approval of various configuration standards and technical bulletins
• Provide recommendations, and publish MSB, configuration standards and tech bulletins for various security platforms
• Building scripts for network device compliance testing using Smarts NCM
• Building configs for baseline network device implementations (Cisco devices)
• Provide Lab testing results for approval
• Provide advice, standards and other support document to Audit team to help answer technical questions, fill compliance gaps and any finding verifications.
• Provide technical guidance to the Automation team that would enable mass configuration changes, SMARTS automation, baseline reporting and support to the automation/operational teams
• Four year college degree or equivalent work experience
• Expert knowledge of TCP/IP network routing and switching
• Expert network troubleshooting knowledge and experience with packet capture tools and analysis, preferably with NetScout and Wireshark experience.
• Previous network and wireless infrastructure field experience with all of the following products: Cisco.
• Skills in MS Office and Visio
• Desire to consistently improve knowledge and competency levels of all areas of the job.
• LAN and Compliance must be able to successfully perform the following functions of this job:
o Ability to work well with others
o Ability to work well individually
o Required to work after hours and weekends as necessary to complete deliverables
Support any of the Cisco HW/SW certification process, designing and building compliance testing in Smarts NCM, support the operations teams with QIP addressing, support with nAMDB design and automation. The following list will help provide a roadmap and understanding of the training and certifications. The items listed below are considered mandatory for this position.
• Cisco CCNA/CCNP area plus to have
Apex Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at .
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or .