This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Duties and Job Responsibilities:
· Works in a safe manner always, encourages a culture of Zero Harm, and is trained in Arc Flash, LOTO, Basic Electrical safety, Ladder Safety, and other plant programs.
·Strictly adheres to Standard Operating Procedures and performs accurate and timely documentation
· Trouble-shoots, repairs and maintains a wide range of equipment, such as:
Adept Cobra Series Robots, programmable logic controller (PLC) systems (Siemens, Allen Bradley, etc.), vision systems, photo eyes/sensors, limit switches, proximity switches, temperature controllers, variable speed drives, motors, servos, pneumatic systems, motor and machine controls, advanced electronics, ultrasonic and RF plastic welders, leak detection systems, and electrical systems up to 480v, 3ph.
·Performs basic jobs such as equipment relocations, crating or uncrating of parts, mechanical adjustments and alignments, identifying and ordering of spare parts, documenting all work, clean-up before leaving job, attending relevant training and meetings.
·Participates in projects and upgrades
· Able and willing to work overtime when required
· Minimum HS Diploma or GED equivalent required, related college or technical school training required. AA degree preferred, or equivalent training and experience.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must be able to carry and climb 10 ft ladders. Must be able to stand and work at two hour minimum intervals. Must be able to work in tight spaces.
·Must have experience with basic hand tools and electrical meters. Light machining skills not required but a plus.
· Must be able to read electrical and pneumatic diagrams, knowledge of hydraulics a plus.
· Show an active interest in self-improvement and training, work with limited amount of supervision, have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, good documentation skills, strong computer skills, customer oriented, work effectively under stressful conditions.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law – Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice .