As a member of this small Agile DevOps team, you will design, build and support complex automation tooling. You will create and manage complex application environments, deploy code and configuration, and troubleshoot issues. This position interfaces with multiple software development teams as well as our IT/infrastructure team. The ideal fit for this position is an experienced Devops Engineer, but we would consider either an experienced developer or a SysAdmin/Networking Engineer who is looking to transition to DevOps.
Requirements (years of experience, educational background, technical skills, etc.):
4 year bachelor’s degree in technical field preferred or comparable experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Streamline and automate deployment operations and processes using a wide variety of commercial and open-source technologies.
• Develop and manage system configuration and code deployment for our software (private cloud and Azure).
• Lead the rollout of software to QA, staging, and production environments, ensuring it meets technical requirements and downtime SLAs.
• Respond to and promptly resolve application and environmental issues as needed.
Education: 4 year bachelor’s degree in technical field preferred or comparable experience
• 5+ years of experience in a DevOps, Systems/IT or Software Engineering role
• Experience with SaaS solutions (custom applications using .NET and Java)
• CI/CD tooling experience for application deployment and systems management
o Puppet (or similar configuration management)
o TeamCity (or similar build management/continuous integration tooling)
o Octopus (or similar deployment software)
o Git, Jira, Confluence
• Advanced scripting experience, preferably Powershell
• OS administration (Windows and Linux)
• A background in IT servers, storage and networking to support highly available systems
• Certificate management, certificate-based security
• Extensive experience troubleshooting and resolving technical issues in test and production environments
• Provisioning and managing of
o Microsoft Windows systems
o Linux systems
o IIS and Wildfly (JBoss) application servers
o MS SQL Server database servers
• Experience with Virtualization and Cloud Computing (VMWare, Nutanix)
• Container technologies such as Docker
• Single-Sign-On setup and configuration (Ping Federate or similar)
• Extending and adapting existing and legacy processes, tools, and methods
• Knowledge of at least one major coding language, such as C# or Java
• Experience leading complex projects and mentoring junior team members
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to work independently
• Innovative, excellent problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Organized, ability to multi-task, attention to detail
• Self-motivated/ driven