Ft. Belvoir, VA – Columbus, OH
*Secret Clearance Required
Our client, ASM Research, is looking to hire multiple IT Administrators to provide support services for the Production, Scheduling and Controls Team, currently being supported by the existing hosting provider Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). The Project, Scheduling, and Coordination (PS&C) Team provides job scheduling and monitoring functions, available 24×7. The PS&C team will perform enterprise scheduling and analysis utilizing BMC Control-M software. Monitors and analyzes job schedules and consults with appropriate functional, programming, and technical staffs to optimize job schedules. As this opportunity is supporting a 24×7 environment, there will be 3 different shifts available – day, mid, and night. Secret security clearance is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Operator will provide support services for the Production, Scheduling and Controls Team, currently being supported by the existing hosting provider Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
* The Project, Scheduling, and Coordination (PS&C) Team provides job scheduling and monitoring functions, available 24×7.
* The PS&C team will perform enterprise scheduling and analysis utilizing BMC Control-M software.
* Monitor and analyze job schedules and consults with appropriate functional, programming, and technical staffs to optimize job schedules.
* Monitors and supports the information technology and systems infrastructures.
* Conducts analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools.
* Responds to triage requests submitted by Tier I and II specialists to provide guidance and support for system needs and upgrades.
* Troubleshoots and resolves problems in an efficient manner with minimal supervision and escalates items that are more complex and works in partnership to reach resolution.
* Implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
* Runs tests on and maintains operating system and related software.
* Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
* Performs root cause analysis, diagnostics, and monitoring on various production systems.
* Actively engaged in the planning and designing of new platforms and integrating new technologies into existing infrastructure. May evaluate new technologies and releases.
* Effectively creates and maintains relevant systems documentation and user guides.
* Assists with creating and reviewing technical system recovery plans to reduce down time if an outage were to occur.
* Reviews the problem management register and identifies actions.
Other Job Specific Skills:
* Windows/Unix Application Support
* Windows/Red Hat/SUSE Administration
* Web Server (IIS, Tomcat, WebLogic)
* Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
* Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve basic/routine system hardware, software or networking related problems.
* Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a project participant.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
* Exceptional customer service skills.