IT Support Specialist I
San Antonio, TX – Telework
*US Citizenship Required
We are looking for an entry level IT Support Specialist to join our Cloud Management Platform Solution team supporting several government contracts. The resource provides ongoing technical support and maintenance of production and development systems and software products (both remote and onsite) and for configured services running on various platforms (operating within a defined operating model and processes). Provides hardware/software support at the operating system-level across pre-defined server and network areas. Responsible for Level 1 basic level troubleshooting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Knowledge of either Windows or Linux operating systems
* Implements routine changes on production systems per direction and guidance from Administrators.
* Supports the integration of new technologies into existing infrastructure.
* Resolves Level 1 incidents affecting the operation/availability of production systems, through troubleshooting and implementing known fixes.
* Deploys standard repeatable build outs.
* Supports the patching and maintenance of appropriate technologies (e.g. servers/databases/network/ storage/software solutions).
* Supports routine backup strategies and disaster recovery tests.
* Reviews system performance indicators and raises issues to more senior level team members.
* Assists with monitoring vendors’ release notes and contributes to the implementation of necessary upgrades and patches as required.
* Maintains third-party tools.
* May make proactive suggestions for service improvements.
HS Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
0-2 years of experience in information technology, systems administration or other IT related field.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and products that include Microsoft Windows, Windows Servers, Microsoft Office365 and SharePoint, Microsoft Teams.
* Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic/routine system hardware, software or networking related problems.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Experience with cloud infrastructure, digital workspace, and storage technology a plus.