The Corporate Development Leader is the lead deal maker for their designated area and leads the process to identify, source, target, diligence, and close add-on acquisitions to the existing veterinary hospital platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record in business development, M&A or related jobs in the veterinary healthcare business. Required experience includes:
• 5+ years of experience in M&A, business development or related jobs in veterinary healthcare
• Knowledge of accounting and financial analysis
• Experience reviewing and negotiating M&A documentation and contracts
• Knowledge of M&A structures, and due diligence processes
• Investment banking or other finance experience is a plus
• Undergraduate degree is required. Graduate degree is a plus
• A self-starter who needs little direction; is highly self-motivated, and accountable.
• Operates with high integrity, builds trust, quickly wins and sustains credibility in relationships with others; personable/approachable.
• Capacity or experience leading a team and working with professionals towards the completion of acquisitions
• Well-developed problem solving skills, with an emphasis on innovative and creative solutions that result in a more effective business development function.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skill (both oral and written) including the ability to communicate with individuals having both sophisticated and unsophisticated financial acumen.
• Strong track record of implementing and executing tactics to achieve key strategic initiatives.
• Results oriented and achievement motivated. Ability to meet deadlines and work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously. Organized and detail oriented.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word; MS PowerPoint Word Processing software and Salesforce experience.
50%-75% travel is expected for this position.