Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Perform installation and maintenance activities during frequent plant turnarounds.
• Specify and procure materials required for installation of new instrumentation (Cabling and cordsets, instrumentation tubing and fittings).
• Perform physical installation of new instrumentation (Pressure, Temperature, Flow, Analytical) to support process upgrades and engineering design studies.
• Perform routine and preventive maintenance on pneumatic actuated valves.
• Perform troubleshooting and maintenance for control valves and instrumentation during operation campaigns.
• Perform all tasks in accordance with LOTO and electrical safety requirements.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
• Technical Certification, Associate Degree (EE Tech) or other technical or related field certification preferred.
• 3+ years’ technical field engineering in a similar role, plus may substitute 4+ years’ exp. in lieu of Associate degree.
• Rockwell Automation (Allen Bradley) experience a plus
o ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLC
o Powerflex 753 amd 525 VFDs and E300 Motor Control Relays
• Completion of Swagelok Tube Fittings Essentials or equivalent training a plus
• Completion of Flowserve Control Valve Maintenance or equivalent training a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong experience troubleshooting and maintaining pneumatically actuated control and shutoff valves.
• Strong experience installing instrumentation including but not limited to physical location and impulse tubing configurations to ensure proper operation.
• Working knowledge of process instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow, pH, gas monitors, etc.) and process control systems including low voltage, A/D, Ethernet IP protocols, Modbus IP and RTU, control panels up to 480VAC, motor starters, VFD’s and associated control panel components.
• Strong electrical safety knowledge including arc flash protection and proper methods when working with live circuits. LOTO process certification in a team environment.
• Ability to understand and use P&ID diagrams, ladder logic charts, schematics, panel layouts and other engineering documentation.
• Proper use and working knowledge of test and measurement equipment (DVDM’s, signal generators, oscilloscopes, data loggers, etc.)
• Knowledge of Class I, Div. I & II explosion proof, non-incindive and intrinsically safe instrumentation.
• Oil & Gas and/or Power Generation industry experience is desired and a strong plus!
• Experience troubleshooting sequence of operations and test procedures for instrumentation.