The Regional Vice President leads and develops a team of dedicated, customer focused District Managers and Store Managers committed to delivering an inspiring, branded shopping experience. They are responsible for overall store operations, sales and profits for a region (normally between 8 and 10 districts and 80 to 130 stores) by driving performance of District Managers and Store Managers. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and ensure brand standards. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity is expected to engage and empower team to develop solutions that drive business results. This position is responsible for driving sales, executing JOANN strategy, and marketing initiatives in stores while delivering an excellent customer experience. They will partner with their SVP of Store Operations to ensure their region is aligned with the overall company strategy and pursuit of being seen as the Friendly, Clever Ally to our customers.
This position can be located anywhere along the west coast; California, Oregon, & Washington.
• Drive performance and promote a positive team environment by fostering respect, providing coaching and feedback, recognizing effort and achievements, and communicating effectively. They will ensure the “Green” culture of the organization is being demonstrated throughout their region.
• Drive Top Line Results: This position will find creative ways to increase traffic, average ticket, and items per transaction. They will use the F.A.S.T. model to drive incremental sales.
• Remain Operationally Sound: This position will ensure that store standards are maintained, controls are in place to prevent shrink and loss, and that payroll is managed according to plan. They will ensure that all reports are being utilized for business planning.
• Continually improve Service Model: This position will ensure that each of their districts and stores understand and act on customer opinions while operate embodying our customer in every work load area. This can be validated by our Medallia tools as well as direct observation.
• Our Brand, Our Work & Our House: This position will ensure our stores execute POGs, layouts, marketing, inventory recovery, etc. to the company standards. Will ensure the stores are customer ready every day from cleanliness to presentation to facilities standards. They will ensure our stores inspire our customers and create an environment that will lead to increased sales.
• Our People: This position will provide leadership to DMs by ensuring effective succession planning takes place in each district, training has been conducted according to requirements, open positions have been filled timely, etc. They will assess quality & consistency of DMs and reward top performers, coach / replace weaker performers. They will ensure active IDPs are in writing for self & direct reports. They will partner with the SVP of Store Operations to remove obstacles that prevent DM success.
• They must build strong relationships with their key SSC partners (e.g. HR, Merchandise, Internal Audit, Inventory Management, Operations Support, Distribution, etc.) in order to accomplish the organizational goals in the most effective manner possible. They must support the company decision.
• This position will review potential Real Estate deals within their region as presented by the Real Estate department and objectively express their viewpoints on the proposed location.
Travel Extensive travel, including driving, which will normally be more than 70% of the time. Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.