This role is ideal for someone with an enterprise development background, with a strong technology, coding and data skills, looking to operate in a less constrained environment, as part of an accelerated development team. Ideally, the Text Search Engineer is a full stack, but this role will be primarily passionate about processing and generating Analytics from structured and unstructured datasets with the ability of parallel processing potentially in the cloud.
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required
* 5+ years of experience of enterprise development and a desire to work on a fast-paced development team with the experience of balancing multiple tracks concurrently
* Understand architecture of search system and components and interfaces
* Experience crafting and developing in the heart of a search solution (e.g. Solr, Lucene, Lucid Works, Lucidworks/Elastic Search, etc.)
* Experience in Python/Java
* Engineer automated techniques and processes for the bulk indexing of large-scale data sets residing in database or un-indexed systems
* Understanding of internals of SOLR physical and logical layout
* Expertise in tuning the of search results
* Experience deploying and managing search at scale
* Experience in SOLR query languages and writing complex queries with joins and aggregate that deals with large amounts of data
* Knowledge on Promoting search results, Facet searches, Pivot facet, Stats component, Boost queries, using Filter Queries, etc.
* Load balancing, integrating multi core searches
Nice to Have:
* Computational linguistics and/or NLP a plus
* Knowledge in setting up spiders to crawl web sites
* Knowledge in Web Scraping, extracting text from HTML, PDF, Word, etc.
* Knowledge in RDBMS, ODBC, and ODP.Net
* Knowledge of cloud (AWS/Azure)
* Experience in developing applications using Angular/React/MVC
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.