I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Has 24-hour accountability for the clinical operations of the nursing unit(s) and area(s) assigned; ensures high-quality patient care and services, consistent with the mission, vision and philosophy of the organization.
• Participates in the administrative and operational management of unit(s) and area(s) assigned.
• Serves as the manager in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, sitting, walking, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
• Frequent: sitting, standing, walking, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Occasional: stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of one pound up to five pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level.
• Operates telephones, patient care devices, computers, surgical equipment, copier.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Subjected to noise/vibrations from intercoms, telephones and monitors.
• Exposure to body fluids and communicable diseases.
• Working environment is fast-paced and may be stressful.
• Frequently works on multiple tasks and priorities at one time.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Current Hawaii State license as Registered Nurse.
• Associates degree in Nursing. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
• Evidence of continuing education.
• Current BLS/HCP certification.
• Depending upon area of assignment, specialty certification/training may be required.
• Minimum three (3) years as a Registered Nurse in an acute care facility.
• Prior supervisory/leadership experience.